The region’s premier pop culture meet-and-greet and collectibles event, Fanboy Expo, comes to the Knoxville Convention Center, Nov. 7-9, 2014.
Cult classic lovers and comic book aficionados will travel to Knoxville for the chance to meet their favorite celebrity actors and comic illustrators. The expo also will feature vendors selling comic books, toys and other fandom paraphernalia.
Celebrities will be available throughout the weekend to answer questions from fans, pose for pictures and sign photos and memorabilia. Some of the notable guests will include:
• John Rhys-Davies, best known as Gimli the dwarf in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
• Henry Winkler, who played Arthur “Fonzie” Fonzarelli in the 1970s sitcom, “Happy Days”
• Peter Mayhew, the actor behind Chewbacca in the “Star Wars” series
• William Zabka, best known as villain Johnny Lawrence in “The Karate Kid”
• Tommy Flanagan, Emilio Rivera, Rusty Coones, Michael Ornstein, Kristen Renton and
Natalie Skyy known for their roles on the hit FX series, “Sons of Anarchy”
• George Newbern, the voice of Superman in the animated Justice League series
• Sarah Douglas, best known as Ursa opposite Christopher Reeve in “Superman” and
• Shannon Farnon, who voiced Wonder Woman in “Super Friends”
• Dee Wallace, best known as Elliott’s mom in “E.T.: The Extraterrestrial”
• Sandahl Bergman, known for her role as Valeria in “Conan the Barbarian” with Arnold
• Rodger Bumpass, the voice of Squidward in “SpongeBob SquarePants”
• Several cast members from AMC’s “The Walking Dead”
• Julius LeFlore, stuntman for “Return of the Jedi”
• Wrestling legends Jim Duggan, known as “Hacksaw Jim Duggan,” and Chris Chavis, “known
The exhibition booths with comic books, movie props and other fandom paraphernalia will be open from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday; and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. General admission tickets are available for purchase at the door, $15-$25 single day and $50 weekend.